Why Orthodontics for Children?
The benefits of timely orthodontic treatment:
- Influence jaw growth in a positive manner,
- Guide permanent teeth into more favorable positions,
- Create functional bites of front and side teeth,
- Preserve or gain space for erupting permanent teeth, and
- Reduce likelihood of impacted permanent teeth.
- Reduce the need to extract permanent teeth,
- Lower the risk of trauma to protruded front teeth,
- Improve speech development,
- Correct harmful oral habits such as thumb and finger sucking, and
- Improve esthetics and self-esteem.